Friday, July 30, 2010

Pot holders

Made me some of those quilted pot holders I have been seeing everywhere, out of a bunch of my wee scraps and some natural cotton:
Nothing fancy, but I am a sucker for the simple look of a strip of patchwork against linen or cotton, aren't you?
I was thinking that pot holders are the perfect "tutorial" for quilt making- it involves a bit of design, piecing, quilting, binding. I think this would be a quick and cool way to introduce non-quilters to the craft, with a quick outcome. Maybe I should see who else of my friends I can get addicted......

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hi Kristie -- What a coincidence! I've been checking out quilting blogs recently, thinking of trying my hand at some quilting with the intent of starting small -- specifically, pot holders for our camper! Love your blog ... and I'll be checking back for that pot holder tutorial!