Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer reading

I will be on vacation mode for the next little while- off to the beach! I will check in from time to time, but in the meantime, I will be doing some serious relaxation. Here is the stack I have accumulated, to read while my toes are in the sand......


A bit ambitious, for sure, especially considering the 3 little monkeys who will require the lion's share of my attention, but I can't wait to take a crack at 'em. There is a varied lot of styles- vampire/werewolf reads, a World War 2 love story, the latest by Miriam Toews (a fellow Manitoban), the Stieg Larsson books I have heard much about. What do you think? Have you read any of these? Where do you suggest I start?

3 comments:

Vanessa Hewell said...

I've read the Larsson books--so, so good! I've also read the Outlander series which I really liked also, I tried reading History of Love, but didn't finish it-just couldn't get into it. Looks like I need to check out Thirst books. Enjoy the books and the beach!

Kelli said...

You really should have Linger in there too, You're probably gonna want to read that when you finish Shiver.
I have heard great things about the Larsson Books. They are definitely on my "To Read" list!
Enjoy : )

Steph said...

The only one in your stack that I have read is Outlander. Have read most of the series and REALLY enjoyed it!!