Monday, August 30, 2010

When I have time.....

...these are some of the tutorials I have been eyeing up! Man, there are some creative and talented folk out there in Blogland!

My kitchen counter is constantly overrun by mail. The Noodlehead mail organizer tutorial is right up my alley! I have even bought all the stuff already....will that get it to the top of my to-do list faster? Stay tuned... Next up- for the kids' play room! These fabric hanging bookholders are simple but elegant. Love 'em! In time for Christmas, I would love to whip up some Black Apple Dolls for the little girls in my life. For the boys, these sweet patchwork scottie dogs on the Denyse Schmidt site, would be fun! Learning to crochet is on my to-learn list, and as soon as I do, I am going to make this gorgeous cowl. Kim, who is the sister-in-law of a girlfriend of mine (and who follows this blog- hi Kim!), made this, and has posted the pattern here. It looks oh-so-cozy for a fall day! Maybe in time for NEXT fall??? Speaking of cozy, I love this tutorial for a t-shirt scarf over at Vermillion Rules (sorry, can't get the photo to work!).

I have a thing for messenger bags as of late. When online looking for inspiration for my bags, I came across this tutorial at Between the Lines. Doesn't that ruffle knock you out? I also love the loop/tie to adjust the shoulder strap length. Maybe I need ONE more messenger bag.....

And last but not least, a knitting project. Not the usual project...it is actually x-rated, so I won't post the picture, but for those of you who would like a peek and a good giggle, the link to the pattern is here. (You know you want to peek!)

This does not even touch my even longer list of quilts I am dreaming about....maybe I will save that for another post!

I hope this introduced you to some new, less "mainstream" crafters out in blogland. And if I added to your own "to-do list"....sorry!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

ok craft goddess! These are amazing. I'm going to have to give these a try!

Kelli said...

Love the organiser and yes, you need another messenger bag!
Hey, checked out your link, Have to see photos when you knit these! Love the pun in your question to the designer, Let me know how "hard" it is ; )

Vanessa Hewell said...

The fabric hanging bookholders are definitely a neat idea! Those scottie dogs are so sweet-had to bookmark that.

Alainaa said...

I appreciate you illuminating the reasons for divorce in New York. You've provided a useful resource for anyone attempting to navigate this frequently complex topic with your lucid and informative writing. I like the way you've deconstructed the legalese and provided context for the many justifications. Your ability to make legalese more understandable for your readers increases its accessibility. Continue doing a great job of demystifying legal issues and assisting people with your educational information. What are The Grounds for Divorce in New York