Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Charities

Bloggers are such great people. And Christmastime brings out the best in the best, I think!

Two great blogging Christmas Charities this year! First, Kate at Swim, Bike, Quilt and Aunt Spicy, with the help of Amylouwho, are hosting 100 Quilts for Christmas.

Here is the low-down on how to participate:
1. Make a blanket
2. Take a picture
3. Donate the blanket to someone or an organization of your choice
4. Post a picture of the quilt on any of three link-up days, and of course there will be prizes, including a grand prize drawing on Wednesday, December 15!
5. Here are the link-up days and locations:
Monday November 29 -- Amy Lou Who's blog
Monday, December 6 -- Swim, Bike, Quilt's blog
Monday, December 13 -- Aunt Spicy's blog
6. Also posting pictures on Flickr

I have my Twin Quilt #3 still sitting in my sewing room....had intended to take it to the local Children's Hospital in conjunction with the Quilts for Babes charity by my friend Kathy at Magnolia Designs. This is just the motivation I needed to get it on over! So, here is a picture of my contribution to the 100 quilts:


If you haven't the time to whip together a quilt to donate this season, don't worry, there is another opportunity to do some quilting good this Christmas. Heather at {House} of a la Mode is hosting {Modern} Relief.

Some of our favorite quilting bloggers have donated some fabulous quilts which are being raffled off for US$10 per ticket, with all proceeds to benefit World Vision. If you would like to read more and buy a ticket, click here. I did! Raffle draw is December 1, so hurry over!

5 comments:

Bec said...

ahhh... Its so gorgeous. I love the back traffic lights...that is too cute!! AND what a great cause! xx ill see how much time i have spare...i would love to join in the fun xx

amylouwhosews said...

love that quilt! thanks for participating!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is just too cute - will be well loved. I like to make scrappy backs too, but the addition of the stop light to match the front "traveling" is just delightful.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love this quilt. The stop light is my favorite! Thanks for linking :)

Aunt Spicy said...

That quilt is fabulous! Love both the back and front! Thanks for helping out!