Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunday slippers

I am working on a little swap with my friend Cherie, who I met at Sewing Summit last year.  She had requested some knit slippers.  I found this great pattern by French Press Knits for some felted ballet-style slippers, and since felting was new to me, thought I would do a test knit in my own size first.


What can I say, besides I absolutely love them.  So cozy, the perfect weight for wearing around the house on hardwood floors.

Or, for putting your feet up on a lazy Sunday afternoon :)


Deets on my Ravelry page.

11 comments:

Sasha said...

Aren't they the cutest slippers ever?!? I love the color you picked for yours!! I need to make myself a new pair. One got stuck in a pant leg and went through the wash. I found it when I went to put everything in the dryer. Now one of my slippers is a mini slipper =P

bethanndodd said...

Whatever! I can't believe you made those!! Fabulously cute and they look so comfy. Seriously, you are so talented...love them!
Smiles-Beth

Svetlana said...

wow, Kristie, these look fantastic!!! You totally rock!

Little Island Quilting said...

I bet they keep you toes toasty!

Jennifer said...

Oh, these are absolutely adorable! With fall here, it's time for my annual "knit rhymes with $hit" attempt at knitting again. Maybe this time will be the time it all makes sense!

Jennifer :)

Future Quilter said...

Looooove them. Makes me want to try and knit more than scarves!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've had my eye on this pattern but I'm not an experienced felter. Any tips on getting them to the right size? Your fit you perfectly! And are gorgeous!

Wendy said...

I love them, they're fab! I'd be worried with felting them that they might turn out the wrong size - was that a problem at all?

Tawny said...

oooh I love these! They look so comfy and I bet they'll be so LOVED in the winter. The buttons are precious.

Jacey said...

I've always wanted to try this pattern! Yours are darling!

Lynne said...

I love them - do you have a link please?