Wednesday, April 24, 2013

six.

I have no idea where the time went, but Last But Not Least is six years old today.

This girl fills my heart in ways I never knew were possible.  She is a sassy little thing, full of energy, spunk, laughter and love.   Always on the move, always eager for a cuddle.  She ends up in my bed most nights because she wants to cuddle and be close to me.  She is always quick with an "I love you." She is caring and empathetic to others.  She has the wackiest sense of humor, and has us laughing out loud on a daily basis with the crazy things she comes up with, when you least expect it ("Mom, don't be fooled by the sign on the door, this actually isn't DANCE class, it's ROOT BEER CAMP.  We just hang out and drink root beer until you come pick me up again").

She is six going on sixteen.  Constantly discussing who she is going to marry in her Kindergarten class.  Her vocabulary is unbelievable.  But then she is still my baby as well, wants me to carry her, cuddle her.  Still always toting her Kitty everywhere on her adventures.  I tell her not to ever change and to quit growing, and her response is "then Mom, you better quit feeding me vegetables!"

 

LBNL had her birthday party this past weekend, a riot of kids at a gymnastics place in the city.  About an hour before we were set to go, I remembered I had planned on making her a party dress....so, I got right to it, and had it on her as it was time to jet out the door!  Yes, sometimes I create my own crazy :)


I used the border print from Children at Play, a sweet little parade, perfect for a party!  I didn't use a pattern, just made it up.  Being white, I lined it as well.  I used some crochet trim for the straps.  Not too shabby!

Sweetheart, you bring more joy to my life than you could possibly imagine.  Happy, happy sixth birthday!!


15 comments:

Ann said...

I can't believe you made a *lined* dress in an hour. It looks great on her!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

what a sweet girl!
*sniff sniff*
and I love that she tells you "it's not dance; just root beer camp!" bah! :)

felicity said...

I really wonder where she got her spunk. Great dress, Mama.

I want to go to Root Beer Camp.

Denica said...

Such a cute dress!!! Sometimes I think things turn out better when we don't think too hard about them.

Katie B said...

I do believe she and Luke would be good buddies. It occurred to me that he would be in first grade next year, and I nearly vomited.

Terri said...

Sweet dress for a sweet girl! (A double accomplishment!) Happy Birthday to LBNL!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

What a great dress in an hour (seriously? an hour?) and a cute birthday girl too.

Shay said...

Happy 6th Birthday LBNL!

Great job on the dress Mom...cant believe that only took an hour ...seriously?

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

everything about this post makes me smaile. Happy Birthday to Last but Not Least!

Little Island Quilting said...

D'you know...I was convinced this was going to be a whole post about ME.
Oh well, Happy Birthday little one.

Katy Cameron said...

Happy birthday to her, love the dress

Rosa said...

Happy belated Birthday and hope it has been an anzing day!

Lynne said...

Lovely dress! Happy birthday, LBNL!

Sasha said...

Oh my goodness! Your daughter is too cute for words!!! Her dress is perfect!

Karen said...

What a sweet post! All that love and admiration just poured right through. What a dear little LBNL! And I can't believe you just made up that dress like that. Wow. If I tried that, it would involve miles of duct tape and a gross of safety pins and still wind up looking like chewing gum that's been dropped in the grass.