Monday, April 29, 2013

Wiksten-ish tank and a cabled cardigan

I am so excited to share these with you, they make me so seriously happy.  And I am all the more excited as I was able to take photos on my front steps, with NO JACKET.  Yes, the crazy winter here has finally seemed to have lifted, just in time for May (shakes head).  But I'll take it.  Perfect cardigan weather!



I finished this one a few weeks back but have been distracted and forgot to blog it.  I think this one takes the lead as my new favorite sweater, with the Golden Wheat Cardi as a close second.  I made it with the same yarn as The Middle Child's purple sweater as I loved the yarn and color so much.



The pattern is called That Time, and it was fantastic.  Details and link to the pattern can be found on my Ravelry page.  Challenging enough to make it interesting, but not hard.  I love the style and how it fits me.  I shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length, as I find that really flattering.  The cable work was so much fun and is so pretty.  I only needed one button so I chose a vintage one from my friend Katie's shop and I just adore it....remember how I told you she has a plate full of vintage buttons for FREE that you can root through any time you are in her store??  The. Best.


I decided I needed to make a tank just to go with this sweater!  I opted for the Wiksten tank, I have had the pattern forever but never got around to it (like so many things).  But, lazy as I am, I didn't feel like printing out the 27 pages for the pattern pieces, taping them all together, and cutting the pieces.  So I took a tank I have that fits well and traced that out instead, just assembled using the Wiksten instructions.  Though I didn't add a pocket, and I did add some bust darts to accommodate my oversized ta-tas.  So maybe it is more Wikstenesque than Wiksten.  Anyways, it works.



I had some issues with the neck bias not sitting flat at first, but was able to correct it using some tips I found on various sites online.  The fabric is a sweet floral voile just from my local Fabricland, but I love the feel and drape of it.  Girly and pretty, perfect as we finally welcome spring!!!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Seriously! Love it! Amazing talent!

jednoiglec said...

Wonderful cardigan! I love its color and shape.

Svetlana said...

perfect!!! Both the cardigan and your tank.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Look at you Missus handmade! Looking great x

Shay said...

Both creations are gorgeous. Especially the cardigan. (I love 3/4 sleeves too) The cables give it something extra.

You're sickeningly talented (in the nicest possible way of course!)

Tiara said...

Super cute and yay for spring

Sew Nomadic said...

Both pieces look amazing, especially on you! Great job! I envy your knitting talent. And I'm totally with you on that yarn...the color is just perfect!

Katie B said...

Well, this is just adorable. Love that shade of purple!

Lynne said...

Love, love, love the cardi -- great colour, fabulous pattern!

Sasha said...

Your tank top and cardigan are perfect and perfect together =D The color of your cardigan is to die for and I'm not even a purple person =P

Unknown said...

Adorable! I'm in such awe of your knitting speed!

katie@stvital said...

Lovely! And the warm weather was just a sneak peak...

Kelsey said...

Kristie I love this sweater and top - and lets me honest, finally some nice weather! I really like how you turned the sleeves into 3/4 length, very flattering indeed.

bethanndodd said...

They are both fabulous! You look great wearing them! Smiles~Beth

Tracey Jacobsen said...

heeeeeey... sexy lady! the back of that sweater is amazing! And the tank-top is so pretty with it. good work!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cardigan sweater. love the color and design!