Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Funny things my kids say: loud voices in a quiet auditorium edition

Well, Big G is getting close to middle school, so we have been attending some school open houses to decide what is the best fit for him and our family.  This past weekend, as we sat in the auditorium awaiting the presentation, a family sat next to us.  The father was the OBGYN who had delivered LBNL six and a half years ago.  We struck up some conversation and introduced LBNL to the doctor, telling her that he was in fact the first person to ever see her, even before Mommy or Daddy.

"He told us, 'It's a girl!'", I said, "and Daddy and I were both so happy!"

"But how did he know I was a girl?" LBNL asked.

"Well," I replied, "Girls have vaginas and boys have penises. You had a vagina so he knew you were a girl."

"SO YOU MEAN I WAS NAKED WHEN I WAS BORN, AND HE SAW MY PRIVATES???" she announced in her 100 decibel voice, standing and pointing at the doctor.

Umm.  Yah.  Annnnnd I pretty much shrivelled up and died at that point!

10 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

OMG! Thanks for my morning laugh!

Charlotte said...

bwahahahahahahaaaaaaa! Love it!!!!

Unknown said...

Bahahaha! That is hilarious, great story :D

Katy Cameron said...

ROFLMAO, well, they do say 'never work with children and animals'

felicity said...

HAHAHAHA "HE SAW MY PRIVATES???" Love. It.

Leila said...

Too funny for words! Good thing she didn't realize (or at least publicize) that he saw your privates too. :)

Shay said...

Laughing at the thought of LBNL being so horrified at the thought of the Ob seeing her naked. So cute !

I bet everyone in the auditorium was amused too.

Michele said...

Love this! You need to have that printed as your Congrats message in her high school year book. She'll always thank you for it. LOL

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

That is too funny.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Another classic! I hope you are writing these down into a book for your kids!